Integration of Huawei Account Kit in Book Reading Android app (Kotlin)
In this article, we can learn how to integrate the Huawei Account Kit in Book Reading app. So, I will provide the series of articles on this Book Reading App, in upcoming articles I will integrate other Huawei Kits.
Huawei Account Kit provides for developers with simple, secure, and quick sign-in and authorization functions. User is not required to enter accounts, passwords and waiting for authorization. User can click on Sign In with HUAWEI ID button to quickly and securely sign in to the app.
1. Any operating system (MacOS, Linux and Windows).
2. Must have a Huawei phone with HMS 18.104.22.1680 or later.
3. Must have a laptop or desktop with Android Studio, Jdk 1.8, SDK platform 26 and Gradle 4.6 and above installed.
4. Minimum API Level 24 is required.
5. Required EMUI 9.0.0 and later version devices.
How to integrate HMS Dependencies
1. First register as Huawei developer and complete identity verification in Huawei developers website, refer to register a Huawei ID.
2. Create a project in android studio, refer Creating an Android Studio Project.
3. Generate a SHA-256 certificate fingerprint.
4. To generate SHA-256 certificate fingerprint. On right-upper corner of android project click Gradle, choose Project Name > Tasks > android, and then click signingReport, as follows.
Note: Project Name depends on the user created name.
6. Download the agconnect-services.json file from App information, copy and paste in android Project under app directory, as follows.
7. Enter SHA-256 certificate fingerprint and click Save button, as follows.
Note: Above steps from Step 1 to 7 is common for all Huawei Kits.
8. Click Manage APIs tab and enable Account Kit.
9. Add the below maven URL in build.gradle(Project) file under the repositories of buildscript, dependencies and allprojects, refer Add Configuration.
10. Add the below plugin and dependencies in build.gradle(Module) file.
11. Now Sync the gradle.
12. Add the required permission to the AndroidManifest.xml file.
Let us move to development
I have created a project on Android studio with empty activity let us start coding.
In the MainActivity.kt we can find the business logic.
In the Home.kt we can find the business logic.
Create BookAdapter.kt class for holding the list.
In the activity_main.xml we can create the UI screen.
In the activity_home.xml we can create the UI screen.
In the list_item.xml we can create the list of items.
Tips and Tricks
1. Make sure you are already registered as Huawei developer.
2. Set minSDK version to 24 or later, otherwise you will get AndriodManifest merge issue.
3. Make sure you have added the agconnect-services.json file to app folder.
4. Make sure you have added SHA-256 fingerprint without fail.
5. Make sure all the dependencies are added properly.
In this article, we have learned how to integrate the Huawei Account Kit in Book Reading app. So, I will provide the series of articles on this Book Reading App, in upcoming articles will integrate other Huawei Kits.
I hope you have read this article. If you found it is helpful, please provide likes and comments.